Thursday, July 4, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, Teaching Wholeheartedly! As I prepare for the rewarding, yet obstacle bound career of teaching I'm utterly excited for everything that is to come. After working in advertising, I decided to change career paths and follow my true passion in life: to teach, to inspire, and to make a difference.

One of my favorite quotes comes from the Dali Lama,
"When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts."
As teachers, we must put our whole heart, our whole soul into teaching. Students can tell when teachers love what they do, or if it is just another job. I was blessed to have teachers who loved teaching, which was exuded through their enthusiasm and classroom practices. While we as teachers' know what is in our hearts, we must educate the hearts of our students. We must help them feel supported, cared for, and unveil what they want to achieve in life.

I am very much looking forward to journey that lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Love the title of your blog and the Dali Lama quote. Have fun using your blog - looks like you are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete