Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Paper Clips

Yesterday, in my middle level education course we watched the a portion of the movie Paper Clips. I was so moved by the schools faculty, staff, and students. They undertook a project to collect 6 million paperclips in memory of the 6 million people who perished in the Holocaust. What started as a seemingly simple idea, turned into creating an everlasting memorial site in honor of those who were lost and those who survived.  It was absolutely touching.

I was overcome with tears when I heard the Holocaust survivors speak and share their unimaginable stories. I tried to put myself in their shoes, and it made me realize how insignificant my worries or fears are today. I don't think our schools really dive into the depths of what the Holocaust truly was. As a future teacher, I hope someday my class will complete a project that impacts the world, no matter how great or small.

Check out the trailer, or better yet the actual video!



No comments:

Post a Comment